Cucumber & Tomato Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 English cucumber, sliced in half moons
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 T of apple cider vinegar
- 1 T of agave or other sweetener (honey, raw sugar, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 T of dill
In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sweetener, salt, pepper and dill. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference. Add vegetables and gently combine, making sure to coat well. This salad can be enjoyed alone or as a side dish for a BBQ or a fish fry. Personally, I enjoy it alongside fried chicken, rice and gravy, purple hull peas and cornbread. Delicious!
*This dill dressing is wonderful on grilled or broiled salmon. Try this: Place grilled salmon atop 4-5 grilled asparagus spears, drizzle dressing over the salmon and enjoy! So good!