As I shared last week, this is one of my first attempts at monthly menu planning. Also, this is just a guide in “wet cement”. As you will see, I have already made some changes. Sometimes, this is due to me forgetting to thaw meat in the mornings. Other times, it’s just a time constraint and a simpler meal is needed. Also, it might just be a “craving change” like last night. Not only was the roast not thawed, but I was just craving a meal my mom used to make, “Home Fries and Tunafish Croquettes”. So, we played switch-a-roo with the menu plan.
Right now, my house smells heavenly as the aroma of a garlic and pepper slathered roast fills the air. Delicious. To go along with it, I’ll make steamed rice and gravy, along with steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and squash) with a Tuscan butter sauce. Can’t wait for dinner tonight!
10. Spaghetti and Homemade Bolognese Sauce with Salad
Menu change: Leftovers from Sunday. Making the stew tomorrow, though, for quick lunches during the week.
12. Beef Tacos, Refried Beans (pressure cooker) & Rice
13. Leftovers/Pack Dinner (Carrots, Jicama, Apples, Crackers and PB)
14. Crockpot: Split Pea Soup, Crackers and Fruit
15. Dad’s Dinner Delight (Mom’s in Class)
Crock Pot: Tortilla Soup and Cornbread
Menu Change: Chicken Meatballs, Orzo and Spinach Salad and Cesar Salad
SD. Crock Pot Roast and Veggies, Green Beans and Mixed Berry Crumble
Menu Change: Home Fries andTuna/Salmon Croquettes
18. Dinner: Oven Roast, Rice and Gravy and Mixed Berry Crumble
19. Turkey Cutlets, Buttered Parmesan Noodles, Roasted Broccoli
***Remember to cook the Chickpeas in pressure cooker to make tomorrow’s meal in advance.***
21. Crockpot: Lentil Chili
22. Good Friday-Chopped Greek Salad w/ Pita, Grilled Chicken and Apple Slices
23. Saturday Easter Service: Pack Sandwiches, Veggie and Fruit
24. Easter Sunday: Tortellini w/ Butternut Squash & Crab Sauce, Sauteed Veggies and Salad
25. L: Tostatos, Black Beans (pressure cooker), Spanish Rice
D: Parent’s DATE: Out-to-eat??? Terra Cotta Red???
26. Breakfast for Dinner: Bacon, Eggs and Just As Good As Popeye’s Biscuits
27. Picnic Dinner
28. Crock pot: African Inspired Peanut Soup
29. Garlic Roasted Pork Loin, Pumpkin Polenta, Sauteed Garlic Green Beans