These last few weeks have been crazy-busy. I haven’t even been grocery shopping in a couple of weeks. Would you believe, I ran out of coffee creamer?! Oh, yes, “Miss Coffee Snob” has no coffee creamer of any sort in her house. Well, other than the dried kind, which I use to make hot chocolate mix. However, I don’t really like that in my coffee. And the “Almond” milk that we use in cereal just isn’t the same as half ‘n half or heavy whipping cream. Most definitely, a trip to the market is in order for tomorrow.
Usually, I menu plan for a week at a time. However, I decided I would try monthly menu planning. Being the “foodie” and “organizational nerd” that I am, I have a nicely stocked pantry and freezer, due to purchasing a portion of a cow and a half of a hog. Therefore, we are going to take advantage of both. In these next few weeks, I am hoping to only purchase produce and dairy items.
It wasn’t that hard or time consuming to plan a month of menus. In my “Household Notebook,” I have a list of all the items in my pantry and freezer. Starting with that information, I listed family favorites, along with using a few websites to gather new recipes to try.
Although I have a month of recipes, it’s just a plan. Just having the plan takes a lot of mental anguish off of me during the day. I give myself the freedom to deviate from the plan. Yet, it’s nice to have one, especially on crazy-busy days. Usually, breakfast is on-your-own (cereal, toast, oatmeal, fruit, etc.) Most often, lunch is leftovers or salad/sandwiches. Dinner is the meal I plan to cook. However, there are exceptions here and there.
Here’s what I came up with:
10. Spaghetti and Homemade Bolognese Sauce with Salad
Menu change: Leftovers from Sunday. Making the stew tomorrow, though, for quick lunches during the week.
12. Beef Tacos, Refried Beans (pressure cooker) & Rice
13. Leftovers/Pack Dinner (Carrots, Jicama, Apples, Crackers and PB)
14. Crockpot: Split Pea Soup, Crackers and Fruit
15. Dad’s Dinner Delight (Mom’s in Class)
Crock Pot: Tortilla Soup and Cornbread
Menu Change: Chicken Meatballs, Orzo and Spinach Salad and Cesar Salad
SD. Crock Pot Roast and Veggies, Green Beans and Mixed Berry Crumble
Menu Change: Home Fries andTuna/Salmon Croquettes
18. Dinner: Crock Pot Roast and Veggies, Green Beans and Mixed Berry Crumble
19. Turkey Cutlets, Buttered Parmesan Noodles, Roasted Broccoli
21. Crockpot: Lentil Chili
22. Good Friday-Chopped Greek Salad w/ Pita, Grilled Chicken and Apple Slices
23. Saturday Easter Service: Pack Sandwiches, Veggie and Fruit
24. Easter Sunday: Tortellini w/ Butternut Squash & Crab Sauce, Sauteed Veggies and Salad
25. L: Tostatos, Black Beans (pressure cooker), Spanish Rice
D: Parent’s DATE: Out-to-eat??? Terra Cotta Red???
26. Breakfast for Dinner: Bacon, Eggs and Just As Good As Popeye’s Biscuits
27. Picnic Dinner
28. Crock pot: African Inspired Peanut Soup
29. Garlic Roasted Pork Loin, Pumpkin Polenta, Sauteed Garlic Green Beans