Green Pasta & Clams
- 1 lb of whole wheat spaghetti,
- 1/2 Costco-sized can of clams (51 oz), drained (reserve remainder for another meal)
- 1/2 cup of clam juice, (reserved from the can of clams)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup of artichoke tapenade (Store-bought or make your own.)
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cilantro pesto(Recipe here.)
Fill pasta pot with water, salt and boil. Cook pasta a bit less than al dente, as you will finish cooking it in the clam sauce. Drain pasta when done.
Make pesto as directed.
In the same pan that you used for the garlic, which went into the pesto, add the butter. Heat over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of clam juice, artichoke tapenade and cilantro pesto. Add pasta, stirring all together. (The pasta will turn a lovely shade of green. YUMMY!) Cook until sauce has been absorbed by the pasta. Next, add clams and heat until warm. Lastly, top with some toasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
Serve with green salad and garlic bread.